Friday 16 January 2015

January - ToT and Gifted Gorgeousness

The year has just started, and I already missed the sign in for two of my SALs...what a great start. I dod have a good excuse, though: Felix and I started working full time this week, and while it went pretty well, we will still need a while to adjust, and I'll try to move bloggin to the weekends as much as possible for now. Also, I didn't miss them by very much, so I suppose I'm still good.




The first sign in for ToT (Tons of Tiny) was on the 11th, and I had totally forgot about this - which is why I don't have a finish to report either. I promised to do at least one small a month, but I guess I can cheat a bit and make that by finishing one in January still, and then one more before the Fabruary check in. At least I hope I can.




The other sign in I missed was on the 15th and is for Gifted Gorgeousness, and at least I have something to show for this one. The task here is to stitch on projects that were either gifted to you (or some part, like the pattern or fabric, was), or that are meant to be gifts when done. I only worked on one piece that fits into this decription: Lady and the Tramp, which I got for my birthday last year from my grand parents. I started working on it again in December, and could finally finish the first page about a week ago. Three more to go - those pages are seriously big ones!


I also finally started Dark Force, even though I'm still missing half of my floss...after some careful preparing of my fabric (I want to try out pagewise  gridding and a bit of parking for the first time), I began stitching on Tuesday night. My plan is at least one block a day for the year, so I have a bit of catching up to do. Thankfully, so far I'm only missing one color, so I can still make good progress - I'll show how much I got down after the weekend.


Apart from work and stitching, not too much happend...only quite some watching stuff, which went great with the stitching of course. Mind that this is about everything we watched since Januars 2nd, and not just this week.

  • Star Wars Ep. 1-3: Felix' dad got the BluRay collection for christmas, so we (whole family) started in the beginning and this is how far we got before returning home. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but while I enjoy the movies (yes, even the new one...bit sceptical about the upcoming new-new ones though), I'm more into the books and games. It was a great mind preparation for starting Dark Force, though!
  • The Hangover 2: Felix bought the trilogy on BluRay, so after seeing the first one a while ago, we continued with this one. I likes some parts better than the first (the setting, some characters), and some parts less (the first one was more fun and games and non-consequential), but basically, it was still the same thing. Wonder when we will get around to watching the last one.
  • NCIS S11, E1-9 - This is the first show I really got into, and Felix likes it a lot as well, so when Season 11 appeared on amazon prime, we had to watch it naturally. At the start of this season, one of the main characters left (not telling who it is to avaid spoilers), and I don't know yet if it will really be permanent. I do miss him/her a lot though :(
  • Castle S1, E1-3 - My new to-watch show when I'm alone (because Felix already saw not, not because he doesn't like it). The main guy is an author, and reminds me a lot of the lead of Californication, but his daughter is just lovely and sweet...I'm curious how this will play out, I do like it so far.
  • The Nanny S5, E15-23 and S6, E1-9 - Soon we will be done with this and have to decide on another fun thing to watch for short or tired times :D
This weekend is IHSW, and also my first 'real' weekend as in 'off o work' weekend, though I will need to do some preparing for a presentaton on monday...I still hope to get lots of stitching in, and maybe shoping for/bulding some more furniture as well. Stitchingwise, I plan to finally stitch of the SAL ornament for January, catch up with the band sampler, work a bit more on Dark Force and maybe even start the next page of CTC - we will see what happens!

9 comments:

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

As per usual, your life is so packed full of busy!

rosey175 said...

Your GG is quite large but so fun, I love the Kinkade Disneys! And good luck with your gridding. I tried floss gridding once and it made me flail about miserably (I suspect I'd be a bad parker too, hah). It's amazing how life gets in the way of life. :)

Susan said...

Darn jobs sure get in the way of things don't they? But congratulations to both of you. You made a lot of progress on Lady and the Tramp. I am still figuring out the parking thing - I have read a lot of explanations and watched a bunch of YouTube videos, but still not sure I have it.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Busy lady so make time for stitching - good luck with the grids and parking, it's not something I've tried.

Caitlin D said...

What a busy bee! Love love Lady and the Tramp!! Can't wait to see your progress on Dark Force. Good luck with your presentation. :-)

Gillie said...

Jobs...who needs them lol, here's to lots more progress on your GG piece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thank you for taking part in GG this month.
The Lady & The Tramp piece is huge! You can't even see the dogs yet LOL. I saw the Dark Force on a previous post, that is definitely an epic piece too.
We are fans of Star Wars here too. We saw Return of the Jedi at the cinema when it first came out and my Mum fell in love with Han Solo! Now my son loves the films and the Lego too.
Did you see this post on my blog?
http://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/is-it-still-halloween.html

Anonymous said...

Ugh work. It's hobby draining. On the other hand, you're going to be parking!

sew.darn.quilt said...

I'm looking forward to your progress on these wonderful pieces ")