Sunday 7 December 2014

Weekly Update, more to come

Hi my pretties, it's me again! My, that was another fast week...and then it feels like it's been ages since my last post! For sure I stitched like it has been ages; but then with all the sressful, busy stuff going on, it's really the only thing keeping my sane...on the bright side, just one more week of busy-busy writting, and I'll be ready to hand my thesis in (don't really have a choice, it's due monday in a week).

To break the 'bad' news first - I didn't start my beading yet. With everything that's going on right now, I just couldn't set my mind to start something like that. I hope I will be able to this week, otherwise I will have one hell of a beading marathong to get through before Christmas. Now what I did work on was Cut Thru' Cottage, and I really, really enjoyed it - I finished the first page in just a few days; decided to do the backstitch right away because otherwise I would have weeks of just that in the end. It's one of the designs that really gain a lot by the backstitching, don't you think?


After finishin this first page (out of nine) I decided to give a little love to my long neglected Lady & The Tramp project. I continued stitching on the sky, and did all that was left of the light dull purple on the first page - then I thought it would be nice to do something with less color blocking for a change, so I could alternate between faster and slower portions, and started stitching on another house at the lower border. Next time I pick her up, I'm going to finish the house, then put in the next color on the sky. I'm kinda hoping for a page finish before the year is over; I don't think I'll actually make it but I'll try my best.


I also did a little crocheting this week - I had started a pair of potholders from leftovers shortly after we moved in, but never finished them. But we could really use them, so I thought it wouldn't take to long, and really it didn't - I had finished the yellow part before, did the red and green this week. Yes, they are quite colorful - Felix is more a black, stainless steel and if it can't be helped white kind of guy, but I love colors and try to sneak them in whereever possible :D



In other news, there was also some watching stuff, of course. Quite some more of The Nanny, which is our usual evening-pasttime these days (S4, E9-26, and S5, E1-7). When I was watching alone, I started a few nature documantations because they tend to relax me when I'm stressed out, and there are quite a few of those on amazon prime - Turtle: The Incredible Journey, which beautifully narrates the journey of a turtle arond half of the world, from hatching until laying eggs of her own, and then the first part of a documantation about amazonia - really interesting. Yesterday, Felix and I took an evening off to watch A Knight's Tale - as usual he had seen it before, I hadn't, but really liked it. Heath Ledger was a brilliant actor even then, and I LOVED the use of music - every medivial Tjoust should start of to 'We will rock you'!
I even managed a little gaming this week - only two or three hours, but enough to start and finish the quite enjoyable Space Invaders-clone 'Titan Attacks!'. I hope I'll soon have more time for this kind of entertainment again...

So that's it for today, although I have a few more posts lined up that I will write when I find the time - something about next year's SALs, WIPocalypse and stuff like that.


9 comments:

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Pot holders HURRAH! Look at the progress on Lady...it doesn't seem like a large piece but then I look at the two disney I have and know that it is! CTC is awesome with that back stitching and how you can keep your hands off that one I just don't know.

However *cracking whip* BEADING needs to be done!

Caitlin D said...

Oh I love your Lady & the Tramp! Beautiful! The backstitching on the cottage really does make all the details pop.

Anonymous said...

I'm having too much fun rotating between your cottage images. You flip back and forth and go...not...stitched...not..stitched...not stitched. As in "not" having a back stitch and having it back "stitched". I'm a weird individual >_<.

katjakay said...

For someone I know is so busy with real life you sure got a lot done, So nice to see lady again.
I've seen the Turtle so good, I love nature documentaries but find them hard to stitch to, too much pretty scenery.
The Knights Tale. I just adore that movie, first fell for Paul Bettany in this, cause Chaucer trudging nude is the greatest thing

Susan said...

You've made great progress on everything. Amazing what the backstitching does for a piece. Love the pot holders. The Hubs has an issue with color, so I have to bring things like your potholders into the house to see something other than white all the time.

Leonore Winterer said...

The DDs are a joy to stitch, but they do take their sweet time...I can't really keep my hands of CTC, I'm way into page two already, although I know I should get beading *winces*

Leonore Winterer said...

Haha, you're right, that's quite enjoyable...hopefully I'll have another one for you to play with soon :D

Leonore Winterer said...

Haha, I really was trying not to fall of the stitchy-wagon :D I think I will have to watch more documentaries, I really enjoyed them.
I also loved Chaucer...is there any more with that guy worth watching?

Leonore Winterer said...

Seems like we're kinda in the same boat with our partner's color-phobia...good thing crafters always find a way to include some color in their lives ^_^