Looks like just when I was telling Carly that strict rotation rules don't work for me...I found one that does! At least, it did for the last week, we'll see how lonk it will last. It's a fairly quick rotation - last weekend, I was changing twice on some days - but that's just the thing I need with how...monotonous Peacock Tapestry is at the moment. What I'm doing right now is the following: I divide each border section into three parts (inner border, outer border, and the part in between), than I alternate one of these with three 'blocks' (the 10x10 sections on the chart) of the Little Mermaid, and both are getting on just lovely right now.
I also made some nice progress (432 stitches, to be exact) on The Little Mermaid. It took me a while, but I think I might have found my 'flow' on this one now, too - or maybe it's just that I reached a section where I don't have to change the color after every two stitches. Anyway, if I can keep this pace up, I'm positive that I will finish by April, which is kind of an unofficial deadline for this piece.